Medical Records Clerk
Medical Records Clerk – Compliance Department – 15th Street
The Medical Records Clerk is a vital position within the PRFI Corporate Compliance Department. The Medical Records Clerk will be responsible for the maintenance and processing all release medical records. In accordance with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule, the Medical Records Clerk will manage the Disclosure Tracking database and process medical record’s request in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and the highest quality of patient care.
- Releasing necessary information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Assisting programs/departments with audit proceedings as it pertains to patient medical records.
- Maintain the internal Disclosure Tracking Log, and providing patient logs upon request in accordance with the agency’s disclosure policy and procedures.
- Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain a streamline procedure to process all medical request efficiently and timely.
- Work with the PRFI HIPAA/Privacy Officer to validate third party request, authorizations for release of information, court orders, and subpoenas.
- HS Diploma or equivalent with at least two year of experience with medical records.
- Knowledge of EMR, Cerner/Anasazi a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
- Familiar with HIPAA and other applicable confidentiality regulations protecting the rights of individuals being served.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume:
Attn: Human Resources