Direct Support Prof. Residential
PRFI is currently seeking Direct Support Professionals to provide daily support for developmentally disabled adults in our Bronx residences.
We are seeking conscientious and kind individuals who are dedicated to helping our residents lead fuller lives while helping to ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
Full time, part time and temporary positions available. Morning, evening and overnight shifts available.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing direct care to 8 to 10 adults at one of PRFI's Bronx residences including:
- Assisting with daily living activities.
- Assisting with transportation to doctor's appointments.
- Participating in recreational activities.
- Administering medication if AMAP certified.
- Must be a positive team player and maintain a positive attitude.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Residence Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED and must be able to meet state-mandated clearance requirements including a criminal background check as well as medical clearance, including a 2 step TB test. Previous OPWDD experience preferred.
Certifications required: AMAP, CPR/First Aid and SCIP-R. Current certifications are preferred, or must be obtained within 6 months.
Qualified trainees will be offered training after 3 months with the agency.
Drivers license preferred.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume:
Attn: Human Resources